ASVGAdvanced Static VAR Generator
ADVANCED STATIC VAR GENERATOR – ASVG
A Power Factor Correction Unit and Harmonic Filter in One. The Advanced Static Var Generator provides the same dynamic performance as the SVG with the added benefit of combining harmonic mitigation. Available in 50/100 kVAr wall mount and 30/50/100 kVAr cabinet mount modules.
Extend Your Power Factor Correction Performance
The requirement for power factor correction is the number one power quality issue faced by the vast majority of industrial and commercial installations. The second biggest power quality issue is harmonic mitigation.
Commercial facilities will often have elevated 3rd harmonics owing to single-phase non-linear loads such as computers, switch-mode power supplies, LED lighting, electronic lighting ballasts, and inverter heat pumps. Adding to this, a data center with UPS backup that contains six pulse IGBT technology, 5th, 7th, and 11th harmonic components can add into the mix. Variable Speed Drives can further elevate the 5th, 7th, and 11th harmonics
Industrial installations will often have a large number of variable speed drives to improve efficiency, controllability, and productivity. It is not uncommon to see very high levels of current, and subsequent voltage harmonic distortion: conventional six-pulse VSDs predominantly draw 5th, 7th 11th harmonics.
Wouldn’t it be great if you could address both power factor correction and harmonic mitigation in one cost-effective unit? The Advanced Static Var Generator (ASVG) does just that.
Power factor correction and harmonic mitigation in one
The 3rd, 5th, 7th, and 11th harmonic orders are the most prevalent in the majority of installations. A correctly sized ASVG can not only correct your displacement power factor but also reduce your harmonic distortion level to less than 5% THDi. Dealing with both results in a near unity power factor. Form factor and dimensions are the same as the same rated SVG.
- Reactive power compensation: Cosφ ≈ 1.00
- Capacitive and Inductive compensation: -1 to +1
- All the features and benefits of the SVG
- Mitigation of 3rd, 5th, 7th, 11th harmonic orders
- Unit capacity can be shared 50/50 between power factor correction and harmonics correction
- Current unbalance correction can correct for load unbalance across all three phases
- Energy savings
- Extended lifetime on electrical equipment
- Higher utilization of available capacity
- Reduced maintenance costs
- Quick return on investment
- Increased plant reliability, productivity and revenue