AVE mini is a more cost and space-effective solution for lower range transformers between 400 and 1200 kVA. The same electromagnetic principles as used on the standard AVE are applied. The compact design reduces the challenge in terms of available space. It is fitted with high quality single-phase transformers utilizing controller regulated variable tapping to achieve voltage balancing to a high degree of accuracy. The unit has the integrated power quality meter as optional. The operator can obtain necessary system information from the HMI panel located in the front door. AVE mini also comes in single-phase solutions, making it suitable for smaller housing areas.
Voltage balancing mode – Phase to ground voltage control from close to 100 percent (fault condition) to within 3 percent imbalance.
Transient protection mode – The AVE will protect electrical equipment from damaging transient overvoltages
- Increased operational efficiency
- Increased life expectancy of electrical equipment
- Reduced maintenance and downtime
- Reduced Arc-flash Hazard
- Reduced zero sequence harmonics
- Increased production output
- Cost savings
- Increased personnel safety
- Reduced carbon footprint
- State-of-the-art single phased isolation transformers
- Advanced Power Quality Analyzer, including webserver, HMI-panel, and energy management software.
- Alarms for various events like ground faults, transients, voltage imbalance, high harmonic distortions, etc
- Extremely fast transient suppression
- High-resolution HMI panel for configuration, monitoring, and alarm display
- Simple and fast installation
- Low maintenance
- Space effective
Animation: AVE transient suppression
Animation: AVE ground fault
Conventional transient protection technology
Conventional surge protection devices are too slow to react to transient overvoltages and often let through 4-5 times the nominal voltage before they react.
The AVE is designed for use in a wide range of industries. With AVE installed, all types of three-phase power systems are optimized and protected. Each power transformer requires one AVE. The AVE provides transient voltage spike protection, arcing ground fault protection, phase voltage balancing, and arc flash mitigation.
AVE – Mini Model Selection
Model selection is based on system voltage and transformer kVA
|Line Voltage||Capacity kVA||Distribution Amperage||Cabinet Size||
AVE module number
G: Grounded system
UG: Ungrounded system
|250||400||900||600 x 760 x 350||AVE-M250(U)G400|
|250||800||1800||600 x 1000 x 400||AVE-M250(U)G800|
|250||1200||2700||600 x 1000 x 400||AVE-M250(U)G1200|
|480||400||480||600 x 760 x 350||AVE-M480(U)G400|
|480||800||950||800 x 1000 x 400||AVE-M480(U)G800|
|480||1200||1400||800 x 1000 x 400||AVE-M480(U)G1200|
ED: External Disconnect 4G: 4G router F: Floor mounted